How To add cycled Medea

Muhammed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2016
Messages
66
Reaction score
26
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy, I have a nano frag tank that I want to add water in tonight. I have pukani that’s been curing for over 2 months and I added marine pure sphere balls to it a few weeks ago. I tested for ammonia and it came out zero. So my question was when I Fill up the frag tank do I just throw the balls in and the tank is cycled? Do I need to ghost feed it everyday if there’s no corals Or bioload in it yet? Thanks
 
I wouldn't feed every day, and the bacteria isn't going to die off. Not for a while. They go dormant and wake back up when food is present. I'd just throw a few pellets in it once a week to keep the bio strong and you'll be good. You won't have a cycle, btw.
 
Okay
I wouldn't feed every day, and the bacteria isn't going to die off. Not for a while. They go dormant and wake back up when food is present. I'd just throw a few pellets in it once a week to keep the bio strong and you'll be good. You won't have a cycle, btw.


Okay thanks for the quick reply
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new