How to add new fish....what order...one at a time, or all at once.

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 fish that will be finishing up with QT in about a week. Currently in QT: a blue Hippo tang (small), a melanarus wrasse (juvenile) , blue sided fairy wrasse, Lubbock wrasse, and a long nosed hawk fish (very small). QT is going well - and everyone in QT is getting along.

Currently in the DT: yellow tang, sail fin tang, powder brown tang, two yellow tail damsels, a carpenters fairy wrasse, and a diamond goby. - oh....and a purple fire fish that I see very infrequently as he doesn't come out of his rock much. All the tangs are small - and were added at the same time, and get along very well.

My question is....should I add add all the new fish at once - maybe at night after the other fish go to bed?
Or one at a time over a span of a couple of weeks? If so, what order?
Buy and use an acclimation box?

Rearranging the rock is pretty much out of the question....as everything is superglued together.

All help is welcome.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 fish that will be finishing up with QT in about a week. Currently in QT: a blue Hippo tang (small), a melanarus wrasse (juvenile) , blue sided fairy wrasse, Lubbock wrasse, and a long nosed hawk fish (very small). QT is going well - and everyone in QT is getting along.

Currently in the DT: yellow tang, sail fin tang, powder brown tang, two yellow tail damsels, a carpenters fairy wrasse, and a diamond goby. - oh....and a purple fire fish that I see very infrequently as he doesn't come out of his rock much. All the tangs are small - and were added at the same time, and get along very well.

My question is....should I add add all the new fish at once - maybe at night after the other fish go to bed?

Rearranging the rock is pretty much out of the question....as everything is superglued together.

All help is welcome.
All at once, just before lights out or as sun up, then monitor and hope.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All help is welcome.
I would also do all at once, some people will do least aggressive to most which has also worked for some people but my preference would be all at once.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back