How to adjust for ponies and when to remove other fish.

Knight_Solaire01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. So I have been in the long process of preparing a seahorse friendly 32 gallon biocube tank. Currently the only FISH fish that I have are two damsels. I will of course remove them before I put in the horses as ponies need very specific tank mates if any at all, and damsels are incredibly mean and territorial. My question is can I remove the damsels up to a week before the ponies arrive and go into my tank? Is it okay to just leave the cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, hermit crabs, and brittle star in there? I ask as I want to know if the helpful bacteria created from the fishes waste is needed or will stick around that long when I already have a protein skimmer running. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Knight_Solaire01

Knight_Solaire01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can remove them whenever, As long as you put some food in there I wouldn't worry.
I will also see about adding some pods as they went away after a few water changes. And I will only have one water change between now and getting the ponies. They eat them too, right?

Back