How to attach single Zoa to plug

Bigfish of La.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single utter chaos polyp that broke free from colony.

How to attach to plug? The polyp isn't attached to rubble or anything.

Thanks. Gary

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put glue on the plug then I put the polyp on my fingertip upside down so the top of the polyp is on my finger tip. Then I pressed the plug down on to the polyp softly so that it's barely in the glue. This gives you more control. Let it sit a minute or two. Dip the plug in water up to the glue but not over the polyp to harden the glue.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let them find a spot to attach themselves naturally. They will usualy find a dead spot in the corners to settle and attach to grains of sand or rubble. Now you have a natural plug and didnt have to get wet.

OP
OP
B

Bigfish of La.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put glue on the plug then I put the polyp on my fingertip upside down so the top of the polyp is on my finger tip. Then I pressed the plug down on to the polyp softly so that it's barely in the glue. This gives you more control. Let it sit a minute or two. Dip the plug in water up to the glue but not over the polyp to harden the glue.

Sound like a great idea. I haven't tried this method, and I always got glue on my hand. Will try tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

Bigfish of La.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I let them find a spot to attach themselves naturally. They will usualy find a dead spot in the corners to settle and attach to grains of sand or rubble. Now you have a natural plug and didnt have to get wet.

I've had the polyp in a shot glass with sand and rubble, but it never attached. It is actually starting to form a baby polyp.

Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back