How to bounce a Rhodactis?

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I hope clicked on this to give not to get amswers lol because i have none to give! Just questions :)
So i have this nice colonie of superman rhodactis. I love them!
8bb4b28c70a22854351bf65b3831dabd.jpg

The question is, i found this tiny baby that i saw was different. He was on the same rock but I saw that he had tiny bubbles on it. So i broke him off so i could keep better track of him. At first he was a very bland redish color like the bottom side of the superman shrooms. But i moved him into some higher lighting and he started to get some colors.
So what do you think? Is this a rhodactis that bounced? Or a totally different shroom that somehow got on this rock?
This is in whites and blues
99fa6cd3dbf1cbe53d499c440531327a.jpg

This is just blues
7d5c2bd4fceb1ab2050378dbcefbd654.jpg

Donovan Joannes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Intensify your light (possibly more on warmer spectrum as well) and it will "bounce", rhods & yuma do responses to extra light at very odd way.

P/S: Do this on your own risk ;)

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably all rhods will bounce at some point. Usually they have a higher chance of getting bubbles/bouncing the older they become. It's very true that they will bounce under heavy blue spectrum, a lot of them. Although there is not a "proven" methodology to making shrooms bounce, many are having success. They will not share their success for probably a few reasons. Many yuma's bounce also. I have a green and yellow coral that is bouncing and it is Not a mushroom. There are many factors which may come in to play with shrooms bouncing besides lighting such as flow. If someone does know scientifically/proven and repeatedly in tests, they aren't sharing. It is not well known or at least spoken about but other corals can/will bounce also. I am by no means an expert but I am the OG owner of the Ms Bubbalicious (avatar when she was young) . We think (through tracing her lineage) she was the first bounce shroom to be imported in to the US. Good questions and I hope this helps!!

OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably all rhods will bounce at some point. Usually they have a higher chance of getting bubbles/bouncing the older they become. It's very true that they will bounce under heavy blue spectrum, a lot of them. Although there is not a "proven" methodology to making shrooms bounce, many are having success. They will not share their success for probably a few reasons. Many yuma's bounce also. I have a green and yellow coral that is bouncing and it is Not a mushroom. There are many factors which may come in to play with shrooms bouncing besides lighting such as flow. If someone does know scientifically/proven and repeatedly in tests, they aren't sharing. It is not well known or at least spoken about but other corals can/will bounce also. I am by no means an expert but I am the OG owner of the Ms Bubbalicious (avatar when she was young) . We think (through tracing her lineage) she was the first bounce shroom to be imported in to the US. Good questions and I hope this helps!!
Wow for some reason i totally missed this post! Thank you for the info! I agree that it seems that there is no solid info on this for a reason!
Do you think low alkalinity could be a factor?
Thanks for your answer!

edosan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "bounce" is equivalent to cancer. I have bounce shrooms love them! A fish store owner was talking to me about them one day and said it's like how we get tumers from cancer that's the mushrooms form of cancer...
More like a benign tumor, cancer usually kill the host, not the case.
Love bouce shrooms too!

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow for some reason i totally missed this post! Thank you for the info! I agree that it seems that there is no solid info on this for a reason!
Do you think low alkalinity could be a factor?
Thanks for your answer!
I doubt it as alk is pretty good in the ocean. Lol Have seen bounces come in from there often
[emoji6]

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back