OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I'm the only one but I find "bounce shrooms" to be ugly. Perhaps for the better given their outrageous prices :rolleyes:
Haha yeah I won't necessarily argue with that! Although i have seen some that are pretty jaw dropping:)
I'm more just trying to figure out why they do it!

Duraticate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yeah I won't necessarily argue with that! Although i have seen some that are pretty jaw dropping:)
I'm more just trying to figure out why they do it!
I have a forum i posted called dont give up. In there i show pics of my 29g. In one of the pics you can see every yuma i have bounced out. Thinking back when i had the 29g i had major nitrate issues. At times my nitrates were over 200ppm. Majoraty of the rime my nitrates in the 29 were around 100ppm. I know this is bad its been an ongoing struggle. Another food for thought on why they bounce maybe

Jamesholt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that was under a 6 bulb atlas shop light with old bulbs, when i tore that tank down and move it to a tank with Kessils all the bubbles shrunk down...

Jamesholt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same shrooms, front right two, 1 month in the little cube.. Kessil 160, kept tank super clean. 1 gallon WC every 3 days... after pulling them for the tank in the first post...
20160504_134815_zpse28jerup-X3.jpg

Same shroom to the right of the fire shrimp in the center, twin 150 20k Metal Halides, tank stayed sorta clean...Maybe 6 months in this tank...
FTS4_22_2015_zpsjquhtkcw-L.jpg

The pic I posted in my first post, was when I was working too much to do anything maintenance wise to the tank.... Just was throwing fish food and topping off with tap water (well)

If I let the water and tank get nasty it starts bubbling up and dropping babies, when the tank gets cleaner it starts looking normal...

OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same shrooms, front right two, 1 month in the little cube.. Kessil 160, kept tank super clean. 1 gallon WC every 3 days... after pulling them for the tank in the first post...
20160504_134815_zpse28jerup-X3.jpg

Same shroom to the right of the fire shrimp in the center, twin 150 20k Metal Halides, tank stayed sorta clean...Maybe 6 months in this tank...
FTS4_22_2015_zpsjquhtkcw-L.jpg

The pic I posted in my first post, was when I was working too much to do anything maintenance wise to the tank.... Just was throwing fish food and topping off with tap water (well)

If I let the water and tank get nasty it starts bubbling up and dropping babies, when the tank gets cleaner it starts looking normal...
Oh I see, that is a yuma. Most of the high end bounce shrooms are rhodactis.
I have seen Yumas do this too :) thats pretty cool. I wonder if the high nutrients possibly has something to do with it

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all excited when my Yuma bounced.... $$$$$! Then I found out that it's the Rhodactis that fetch the big bucks. I have some Neon Orange Rhodactis on the same rock but no bounce yet.
uD3yGjRl.jpg

OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all excited when my Yuma bounced.... $$$$$! Then I found out that it's the Rhodactis that fetch the big bucks. I have some Neon Orange Rhodactis on the same rock but no bounce yet.
uD3yGjRl.jpg
Nice yuma :) your right for some reason its just the rhodactis that bring big $$... Yeah I have a whole rock covered in these superman rhodactis' and this is the only one that has ever bounced!
Thats why i was interested to know what made it happen!

Back