How to bounce a Rhodactis?

Wheatthinmadlag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever happened with this mushroom I have the same exact situation!
Hey everyone. I hope clicked on this to give not to get amswers lol because i have none to give! Just questions :)
So i have this nice colonie of superman rhodactis. I love them!
8bb4b28c70a22854351bf65b3831dabd.jpg

The question is, i found this tiny baby that i saw was different. He was on the same rock but I saw that he had tiny bubbles on it. So i broke him off so i could keep better track of him. At first he was a very bland redish color like the bottom side of the superman shrooms. But i moved him into some higher lighting and he started to get some colors.
So what do you think? Is this a rhodactis that bounced? Or a totally different shroom that somehow got on this rock?
This is in whites and blues
99fa6cd3dbf1cbe53d499c440531327a.jpg

This is just blues
7d5c2bd4fceb1ab2050378dbcefbd654.jpg

Brockly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s funny is when you try to sell a home grown bounce. Even with good colors. Some, not everyone of course likes to say stuff like... “well it’s not a true bounce” meaning only wwc of bounce is a true bounce” that naturally bounced. Like thats a thing. Hey all naturally bounce based on random or forced habitat conditions (if that’s knkwn by people that consistently get them to do it) there is no true. Only original. He original is what fetched the money. Ifragits, bounce is every bit as nice as an OG BOUNCE. And should be worth the same price. ;)

James Kanouff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several rainbow rhodactis that show some bounce bubbles as well. Parameters are 8.5-8.9 ALK, strong blue @ < 250 par, 2 ppm N03, rarely a yuma or mushroom will also show a small bubble here n there in the systems. Strong light is the most common reason I think folks attribute to it happening. Non of mine are as nice as most advertised true bounce mushrooms of course. Great tread!!!

OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s funny is when you try to sell a home grown bounce. Even with good colors. Some, not everyone of course likes to say stuff like... “well it’s not a true bounce” meaning only wwc of bounce is a true bounce” that naturally bounced. Like thats a thing. Hey all naturally bounce based on random or forced habitat conditions (if that’s knkwn by people that consistently get them to do it) there is no true. Only original. He original is what fetched the money. Ifragits, bounce is every bit as nice as an OG BOUNCE. And should be worth the same price. ;)
Yeah exaclty... But if its cool people will buy it! You just won't have the mad rush as if you would put WWC in front of it!

OP
OP
Ben Weaver

Ben Weaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several rainbow rhodactis that show some bounce bubbles as well. Parameters are 8.5-8.9 ALK, strong blue @ < 250 par, 2 ppm N03, rarely a yuma or mushroom will also show a small bubble here n there in the systems. Strong light is the most common reason I think folks attribute to it happening. Non of mine are as nice as most advertised true bounce mushrooms of course. Great tread!!!
Thanks for the info! It does seem like lighting would play a big part!

Chris Osmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I hope clicked on this to give not to get amswers lol because i have none to give! Just questions :)

The question is, i found this tiny baby that i saw was different. He was on the same rock but I saw that he had tiny bubbles on it. So i broke him off so i could keep better track of him. At first he was a very bland redish color like the bottom side of the superman shrooms. But i moved him into some higher lighting and he started to get some colors.
So what do you think? Is this a rhodactis that bounced? Or a totally different shroom that somehow got on this rock?

This is just blues
Same shroom reacting to different light. I have the same colony and have the same thing happenening.

This is just blues
Same shroom just reacting to different light available to it. I have a similar colony with the same thing going on. Mine are forest fire shrooms. And they spreadand split like crazy! Great thing is they different in each area of the tank due to different par. So they wont all look the same.

20180319_145201.jpg

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! So this bounced in your tank? Thats beautiful!
So it happens all the time? You are a vender i take it... So you probably aren't interested in telling us tank conditions or other things that possibly cause it ;)

No, this one had a few bubbles when I got it. I’ve got other shrooms that developed bubbles as well.

There are no secrets in my tank, typical parameters. I keep it simple, multiple lights over the same water.

714EABAE-1DFD-40BB-AFD4-8F3843E5046B.jpeg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xxx

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back