How to clear up cloudiness?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingAlee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KingAlee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
679
Reaction score
486
Location
Mobile
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is about 6 weeks old, I have this cloudiness compared to my other tank is clear. That being said the only difference one has a a UV sterilizers the cloudy one does not. Does it really help that much with it? If not how would I clear it up? Thanks

IMG_3598.jpeg IMG_3599.jpeg IMG_3600.jpeg
 
6 weeks? Make sure parameters are all good. Wait. .
 
A UV sterilizer is definitely a valuable tool in your reefing arsenal. It can effectively address water cloudiness, help manage the 'uglies,' and reduce a percentage of harmful pathogens in the water column. However, it's not necessary to run it 100% of the time, as its usage depends on your tank's specific needs. There are plenty of posts and discussions available online that highlight different approaches and experiences with UV sterilizers.
 
You could try activated charcoal before purchasing the uv.

I would also put in a cloth/wool stage in the filter system - or drop in a power filter with filter wool/cloth in it. It's amazing how it can more quickly remove fine particles than most other filter mediums.

When I do this, things clear up within a day or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new