How to connect to your P4 using a network connection

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by Dogtown, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Dogtown

Dogtown Active Member

I am having an issue getting GHL control center to connect to the P4 using a network connection. I don't recall seeing any documentation on how to do this so I thought I would reach out and ask. I am documenting all of these how to's into a single document with screen shots to share with the community.

Here is my config:
    • I have a laptop that is directly connected to the P4 over USB and that is working fine.
    • I also have Wifi configured with a static IP address of 192.168.1.225 using subnet 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.1.1, DNS 192.168.1.1. I can ping the P4 at that address from a remote computer on the same subnet without issue.
    • I can also connect to myGHL.com and manage the P4 that way. This tells me that wifi networking is operational.
    Here are my steps to create a network connection in GCC:
    • To create a network connection, I select Administration, click New, select Profilux 4. At this point, a connection settings page opens.
    • Under Type of connection I select "Network (TCP/IP)". At this point, Host-Name switches to <AUTO> and is grayed out. Port stays at 10001 and is editable.
    • When I click Configuration, a Progress form appears and starts scanning my network but fails with "Can't find any GHL devices in the network!".
    • When I attempt to connect, the scan fails and I get the error below:
    2017-08-05_11-33-40.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions how to resolve this issue?

Tags:

2. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I'm on my phone away from GCC, but I know I entered the IP for my Profilux into GCC to connect. First I did USB, after configuring WiFi, I made a new connection via IP address.

I did the same thing for my Mitras.

3. Dogtown

Dogtown Active Member

I'm glad it is working for you. At least I know that the feature does work.

Let me ask you this. My home subnet is 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. I noticed that the app defaults to 192.168.0.1, which is a different class C subnet. Do you happen to recall what subnet you are using?

4. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

This part just worked for me. I unchecked the 'Search Automatically' and manually entered my ip addresses. I'm using 192.168.1.{249,250}. Manually entering them didn't work for you?

b.JPG a.JPG

5. Dogtown

Dogtown Active Member

@MrMicheal, Your screen shot helped me confirm that the functionality is there to use a static IP. It went back and reconfigured using the static IP method and it started working after I closed out my existing GHL RS232 connection I had going on my locally connected USB laptop. Many thanks!

HolisticBear likes this.
  6. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Unfortunwtly I am facing the same situation. I can connect normally from everything except my pc wirelessly..

7. billw

billw Acroholic in Training R2R Supporter Big Blue Reef Member

Are you up to date with your wireless firmware (6512)?

Be102 likes this.
  8. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Yep. Everything is up to date. I can connect to my p4 wirelessly from the app, can ping it from cmd , updated the firmwares... yet my pc says “no Ghl devices in network” despite I either do auto, or enter the ip manually.

9. Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA Active Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

@Be102 Assign a different IP address to your P4 and give it another try.

Be102 likes this.
  10. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Okay. Will attempt now.

11. Be102

Be102 Well-Known Member

Vinny, you are the man.. after way too long than I’d like to admit, I finally can connect Via gcc via wirelessly!!

Vinny@GHLUSA likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted