How to connect to your P4 using a network connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having an issue getting GHL control center to connect to the P4 using a network connection. I don't recall seeing any documentation on how to do this so I thought I would reach out and ask. I am documenting all of these how to's into a single document with screen shots to share with the community.

Here is my config:
  • I have a laptop that is directly connected to the P4 over USB and that is working fine.
  • I also have Wifi configured with a static IP address of 192.168.1.225 using subnet 255.255.255.0, default gateway 192.168.1.1, DNS 192.168.1.1. I can ping the P4 at that address from a remote computer on the same subnet without issue.
  • I can also connect to myGHL.com and manage the P4 that way. This tells me that wifi networking is operational.
Here are my steps to create a network connection in GCC:
  • To create a network connection, I select Administration, click New, select Profilux 4. At this point, a connection settings page opens.
  • Under Type of connection I select "Network (TCP/IP)". At this point, Host-Name switches to <AUTO> and is grayed out. Port stays at 10001 and is editable.
  • When I click Configuration, a Progress form appears and starts scanning my network but fails with "Can't find any GHL devices in the network!".
  • When I attempt to connect, the scan fails and I get the error below:
2017-08-05_11-33-40.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions how to resolve this issue?

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my phone away from GCC, but I know I entered the IP for my Profilux into GCC to connect. First I did USB, after configuring WiFi, I made a new connection via IP address.

I did the same thing for my Mitras.

OP
OP
Dogtown

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad it is working for you. At least I know that the feature does work.

Let me ask you this. My home subnet is 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. I noticed that the app defaults to 192.168.0.1, which is a different class C subnet. Do you happen to recall what subnet you are using?

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you happen to recall what subnet you are using?

This part just worked for me. I unchecked the 'Search Automatically' and manually entered my ip addresses. I'm using 192.168.1.{249,250}. Manually entering them didn't work for you?

b.JPG
a.JPG

OP
OP
Dogtown

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MrMicheal, Your screen shot helped me confirm that the functionality is there to use a static IP. It went back and reconfigured using the static IP method and it started working after I closed out my existing GHL RS232 connection I had going on my locally connected USB laptop. Many thanks!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunwtly I am facing the same situation. I can connect normally from everything except my pc wirelessly..

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you up to date with your wireless firmware (6512)?
Yep. Everything is up to date. I can connect to my p4 wirelessly from the app, can ping it from cmd , updated the firmwares... yet my pc says “no Ghl devices in network” despite I either do auto, or enter the ip manually.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Be102 Assign a different IP address to your P4 and give it another try.

elic173

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Will attempt now.
Hi
I have just bought the p4 and have followed your video to the letter. I to am experiencing the same problems as above. I can connect via WiFi through the iOS app and via ghl connect via usb. The problem is I can’t connect via WiFi via the the pc using ghl connect. I have ping the device and all is ok. Can you please help?

elic173

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Be102 Assign a different IP address to your P4 and give it another try.
Hi
I have just bought the p4 and have followed your video to the letter. I to am experiencing the same problems as above. I can connect via WiFi through the iOS app and via ghl connect via usb. The problem is I can’t connect via WiFi via the the pc using ghl connect. I have ping the device and all is ok. Can you please help?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I had a similar problem, for me it was a typo. It would help if would post screen shots of the set up.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the access point enabled on my system. You don't need it to access the Profilux via WiFi. Also I would try the B/G/N setting in the 802.11 Depending on how new your wireless router is it might be using N band.

Here's my settings.
myghl.jpg

gccwifi.jpg

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi thanks for the reply. Here are the screen shots.

E3E9A2D5-4738-4436-AB2D-C43E9E73C349.jpeg 2A071AE0-F252-4D1A-B2A3-B8688DCBBD2C.jpeg
Everything seams to looks ok.

Can you connect to it as an Access Point and directly through a browser (Web Server)?

Also see if you can connect using Open encryption.

I had issue connecting to mine through GCC and Web Server that actually turned out to be an issue with my router. For what ever reason my router was not routing correctly. I had to replace the router. I started having issues connecting to other devices on my network from my PC that clued me in to the router being the issue. It was very frustrating figuring out the issue as I could connect to the internet just fine and the P4 through the app.

I would keep the Access Point enabled. It could come in handy if your router goes down.

@AZMSGT, your Access Point is enabled you just don't have settings entered. If you want it disabled I think Client (Infrastructure) needs to be selected.

elic173

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys

Thanks for the help. I have managed to solve the problem. It was the windows 10 firewall blocking the ghl connect app. Once I added the app to the firewall it now connects via my router.

Now onto the next problem. If I try to connect directly to the profilux wifi it is terrible. It is hit and miss. It takes ages to actually log onto the profilux onboard wifi device. Once logged onto the profilux WiF, GHL control center, will only connect, after I have rebooted both the pc and the profilux. Anyone else have this issue? It’s so fickle. Maybe a dud internal WiFi board?
Any help would be appreciated.
Ed

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had issues connecting to the P4 Wi-Fi, it's not the quickest logging in though.

Do you have a good Wi-Fi signal from the P4? Long distance, obstructions?

elic173

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had issues connecting to the P4 Wi-Fi, it's not the quickest logging in though.

Do you have a good Wi-Fi signal from the P4? Long distance, obstructions?
I am literally sitting on top of the the P4. It just won’t connect if I try to attach directly to the the p4 WiFi card. I don’t have a problem going through my internet WiFi now. I think I should count myself lucky I got it connected via the house WiFi.

Back