How to create a hotlink

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First go to your build thread, then copy the url. Or copy the link below of your build thread. Then go to your signature block and copy the link there. Make sure the link is isolated completely - there isn't anything right next to either end.

It looks like you tried but it didn't work. I replaced it and the link is now active. But please delete what I did and start over to make sure you have a clean hyperlink on your own in case you ever need to change it.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/240gal-fowlr-to-reef-transformation-build.345343/

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is showing in the preview that it worked, but not when I am looking at my posts. I have no issues doing such things on other pages. Not sure why I can't figure it out here. I like how you have yours lol

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd indeed. It was showing correctly when I adjusted it for you, and now I see it's not working again. I'll report this and see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is odd indeed. It was showing correctly when I adjusted it for you, and now I see it's not working again. I'll report this and see if we can't get to the bottom of it.

I literally copied the link you provided as well. Seems odd it shows it in the preview as working. I even tried to add an extra line between the text and link and it said my signature was 1 line too long. Thanks for the assist.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally copied the link you provided as well. Seems odd it shows it in the preview as working. I even tried to add an extra line between the text and link and it said my signature was 1 line too long. Thanks for the assist.

No worries...I've reported it to those that have a skill set to look deeper...which isn't me...lol. Please be patient and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Singnature
type text and the highlight
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.55.48 PM.png

copy the address
click circle not the circle with an x
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.55.28 PM.png

paste the address
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.55.57 PM.png

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this maybe a permissions issue? Can all members have links in signatures?

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jeffrey...it's not working on his account for some reason. Not even the link itself will work. It's been reported.

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
LagunaGlide

LagunaGlide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Singnature
type text and the highlight
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.55.48 PM.png

copy the address
click circle not the circle with an x
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.55.28 PM.png

paste the address
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.55.57 PM.png
Yup that is how I have done it on other sites. But my edit signature box doesn't look like that for some reason.

Sidebar: What image hosting service do people use these days since the photobucket thing?

Signature Edit.jpg

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup that is how I have done it on other sites. But my edit signature box doesn't look like that for some reason.

Sidebar: What image hosting service do people use these days since the photobucket thing?

Signature Edit.jpg
It is a permission setting (see chart below) that comes with having a R2R supporter membership.

As far as posting photos, do you see a button on your post frame that says "Upload a File?" If so, you don't need a third party image host to post photos here. Click on the Upload a File button and select the photo from your computer and hit save. That will allow you to post thumbnails or larger images into your post. If you don't see that button, that may also be a permission setting that comes with membership. I don't think so though. I don't know for sure, because I have always been a supporter. Members, Supporters, Mods & Admins see different things on their screen, like your edit signature box. Hope that helps.

R2R Supporter.JPG

R2R Memberships.JPG

Last edited:

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Signature Edit.jpg

You should be able to upload pictures and not have to use a service. I went the supporting member rout just so I could have the extra features once I knew I liked R2R and would be posting, editing, and posting pictures and video.

Thank you @Fin

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker How do you make a link like in your signature, but with your own text and not just the text from the URL. Yours says "My build Thread 72 gal Bow-front"

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Type out what you want the link to say. Highlight the text, then click on the link button in the tool bar...

Link.JPG

That will open up a box. Then paste the URL of the link there.

LinkBox.JPG

Then click on Insert. Done. The link will display when you post the message, or save your signature.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I just noticed that jsker had already posted the same instructions above. Post #7. :)

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I just noticed that jsker had already posted the same instructions above. Post #7. :)

Yes, but you were on point again, thank you:)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back