How to dose from big bottles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
7,312
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I feel like this is really simple but have been drawing a blank for some time.

I know the future state and answer is going to be using a dosing pump (it's on the list), but in the interim, what is the easiest way to dose from the bigger dosing bottles?

I am using @Aquaforest Component 1+,2+,3+. They are bigger 5L bottles. I have tried pouring and that drips down the side, syringes only go down so far, I tried a turkey baster which is also messy. I have tried to avoid pouring it into smaller bottles because of space. But what ideas/ are people doing?

1000041310.jpg
 
If you want it is smaller bottles (some of which can be stored elsewhere like a basement or garage), then pouring is the way.

One can facilitate pouring without dribbling using a glass or other inert material rod placed between the large container and the smaller ones. It is a normal lab procedure. This short video shows how that works:

 
Actually found the perfect bottles at dollar tree today. They hold 2 cups.

1000042207.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new