How to get back and forth flow instead of one way

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is peninsula style 60 x 36x 24 and 225 gallon 2 mp 40s and 2x wav pump all on back wall... i cant get a back and forth sway on euphylia corals, they just are pushed one direction even though the mp40s are set to 100% reef crest and wav pumps are set to pulse... what do you suggest?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is peninsula style 60 x 36x 24 and 225 gallon 2 mp 40s and 2x wav pump all on back wall... i cant get a back and forth sway on euphylia corals, they just are pushed one direction even though the mp40s are set to 100% reef crest and wav pumps are set to pulse... what do you suggest?
You would need.to get the pumps on the sides of the tank. That or ditch the mp's for some powerheads you can aim.

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In addition to putting one MP on each end, use short pulse mode. Then adjust the pulse time to get a nice wave going.

Edit: Just realized that you have a peninsula. You could try to put the MP near the top left/right of the overflow. Then set it to the pulse mode to get that wave going. The pulse time may be a bit longer as it has to travel to the end of the tank, bounce, then come back.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree try short pulse mode- I think you can achieve something quite close to a true back n forth motion.

Back