How to get BTA to swell?

frankieg2293

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
199
Reaction score
55
Location
long island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How and why do BTAs tentacles swell or look inflated. I have one green and one rose BTA and the always have long skinny on both. Is this concerning?
 
secret tom cruise GIF
 
How and why do BTAs tentacles swell or look inflated. I have one green and one rose BTA and the always have long skinny on both. Is this concerning?
Not concerning, not sure how or why they bubble up. There are many speculations
 
Mine is usually bubbled up. No clowns in it, low flow. I didn't put it in low flow. Hides away in a rock half way. It would be nice to see what others say.
Picks fights and loses. You can see the damage on the guy.
bta.jpg
 
Not concerning. But all the anemones I had would stop bubbling after hosting my maroon clown.
 
Last edited:
Not concerning. But all the anemones I had would stop bubbling after getting hosted by Maroon clown.
I have a maroon clown but he don’t ever go into any anemones he’s spent years without a host. So I think he just doesn’t know to go in one.
 
I have a maroon clown but he don’t ever go into any anemones he’s spent years without a host. So I think he just doesn’t know to go in one.
I’d like to have a clown to host an anemone, you think I can get an other clown I have a 220 gallon tank I’m wondering if it will work out
 
Anemone hosting clowns is never a sure thing. If you only have 1 clown now, another is fine. Make sure the new introduction is a juvenile and smaller than your current clown. Also best to have an acclimation box for touchy situations.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new