How to install Elite Overflow Box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
There were no directions included with the overflow box i received. Seems straight forward enough except for the tank gasket placement. The bulkhead gasket on the flange side is already in place so no worries there. That leaves one gasket left. I would assume it goes between the tank and the overflow box. Typically you wouldn't use a rubber gasket on the nut side of a bulkhead as it could bind and interfere with smooth tightening. But....on the installation video of the Eclipse Overflow Box (similar product) I watched for reference, there is a gasket on the tank side and the nut side of the outside box. Before I move forward with the installation, can I get some clarification on the proper gasket placement?

Thanks
Art

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
It’s been discussed before and known, that the installation guide is incorrect.. Your instincts are indeed correct. Keep one gasket on the flange side of the bulkhead and the other between the tank and the exterior box.

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
It’s been discussed before and known, that the installation guide is incorrect.. Your instincts are indeed correct. Keep one gasket on the flange side of the bulkhead and the other between the tank and the exterior box.
Thank you

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back