How to make a frag rack? Need ideas!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2018
Messages
2,812
Reaction score
1,699
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently bought some beautiful WWC stuff at dirt cheap and I want to make a frag rack to hang it on the glass... But not sure how to get it to hang. I bought a eshoppe corner frag rack but it's black and it provides way too much shade in the corners of my tank.

I have a massive eggcrate rack sitting in my storage that I wanna use...
 
^^^This. I used super glue to attach the egg crate myself but the zip ties would be way easier.
 
ditto. I just accumulated a couple extras over the years that I turned into frag racks and gave to friends
 
I used a magnet I had laying around from my Tunze ATO.
b1e1163dfc272490212a1634564e5f24.jpg
fcc16e767c010edde1410870880a87ec.jpg
 
I used a magnet I had laying around from my Tunze ATO.
b1e1163dfc272490212a1634564e5f24.jpg
fcc16e767c010edde1410870880a87ec.jpg
Hmm awesome idea I have 2 hydor wavemakers I no longer use .. won't if I can remove those magnets

Has anyone tried suction cups?
 
you can get a small acrylic sheet from home depot for under $10, enough material to make 2 racks. acrylic racks are easier to clean than egg crate.
use a propane blowtorch to make the 90 degree bend. you need to get a step drill bit to drill the holes. Just use magnets from broken powerheads, or you can get ceramic magnets from harbor freight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new