How to make a visible pistol shrimp and goby burrow?

Reef0holic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I build a burrow for a pistol shrimp and goby against the glass so I can see it? Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
play them this guy’s music
IMG_8159.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pistol shrimp is going to burrow where it wants which will most likely be anywhere but where you want. Against the glass would not really be like a burrow to them as it would not be dark. Kinda like a house with 3 brick walls and a solid glass wall that faces the street

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I build a burrow for a pistol shrimp and goby against the glass so I can see it? Does anyone have any experience?

Thanks
They create their own burrows, plus the light from outside the tank shining into the burrow would make them avoid it, though if you want to TRY I'd put a rock tightly against the glass, maybe one that's cut with a flat edge, and keep a black sheet or vinyl against it at all times, aso try to get a rock with an overhand/position it with an overhang and let them burrow into the sand, only view in a pitch black surrounding, still unlikely that they will burrow there but worth a try

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try to create an area that is visible that they may take a liking to, but in the end, they’ll choose where they want to go. You just have to hope you’re lucky enough to have them choose a visible burrowing location.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They create their own burrows, plus the light from outside the tank shining into the burrow would make them avoid it, though if you want to TRY I'd put a rock tightly against the glass, maybe one that's cut with a flat edge, and keep a black sheet or vinyl against it at all times, aso try to get a rock with an overhand/position it with an overhang and let them burrow into the sand, only view in a pitch black surrounding, still unlikely that they will burrow there but worth a try
I did something similar. I placed rocks against the glass in such a way that they felt shielded from light, but I was able to see inside the hole 90% of the time.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back