How to Make bubble Tip Anemones Split

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a write up to help those wondering how to get more nems or shrink down one that is getting too big!

DISCLAIMER: This is what worked for me and may or may not work for you. Also it is not a good idea to make your anemones split frequently. It is extremely stressful for them and should only be done if they are taking up too much space or 4-5+ inches across and in good health.

So, for those wondering how to get your nemmies to split, here's how. When your lights turn off for the evening, make sure they stay off until 18-36 hours later. Anemones love light and light stability, so when you take this away, the anemones split to "divide and conquer" on missions to find light. It is a very, very simple method, but remember it might not always work.

Anyhoo, that's about it, feel free to let me know below your methods for anemone splitting OR if this method has worked for you :)

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splitting will occur for 2 reasons generally. When the anemone is healthy and believes there's room for more, or it's stressed out and is trying not to die.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back