How to pair 2 clownfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elkman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

elkman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2025
Messages
80
Reaction score
33
Location
medfield
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when I first started my tank about a year ago. I started with two clown fish though they would always kill each other and they would only be one remaining now I have one and it’s about nine months later and I’m gonna try and get another one. Any recommendations on how to pair them? Thanks it’s a 20 gallon reef aquarium that also has a royal gramma and a yellow watchmen.
 
Try getting a second Clown that's noticeably smaller than the one you have now. Fingers crossed, you can't always predict this kind of thing 🙂
 
Try getting a second Clown that's noticeably smaller than the one you have now. Fingers crossed, you can't always predict this kind of thing 🙂
Do you think my best course of action could just be getting a different fish?
 
Do you think my best course of action could just be getting a different fish?
I think if you want to try to add a second fish, pick one that's much smaller than the one you have now. I believe that will be the best chance of the old fish accepting the new fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new