How to prevent BJD - new and first torch next week

  • Thread starter Thread starter GuppyHJD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2020
Messages
1,356
Reaction score
776
Location
North Port, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reading alot of threads on torches and BJD - what are the best practices to avoid the BJD?
I do not have any torches in the tank yet but am expecting to get one next week. My duncans and mushrooms seem to be doing well and my frogspawn has started growing. What do I need to be on the lookout for concerning BJD and the new torch?
I normally dip with CoralRx or Revive - are they ok for a torch?
Trying to do my research and have a plan.
 
hmmm...I got a shipping notice this morning, the store shipped the torch yesterday.
 
I think the only way to prevent BJD is to not have any corals that are susceptible to BJD. You can definitely contain it though, just keep a close eye on the tank and treat/remove any diseased corals as soon as you see it start to set in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new