OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang... My bad. You have a Phd breathing?

I think you only took five deep breaths. Inhale through your mouth, exhale through your nose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah yes.... U know I applied to that school yet was denied

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've been auditing the courses. All the experience but none of the credit. Might be just what my tombstone reads.

Seems like you're getting on the job training though.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of confidence around here...shortage of google searches I see? ;)

FWIW some stainless is suitable for saltwater - there are several different grades. There are even some very common examples, such as every Mag pump I know of. The impeller cover is held on by stainless screws. No problem! :)

-Matt

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never actually done anything or own a fish tank. I imagine owning it and google things that I would probably have to look up. Sometimes I use Bing but mostly I just have a drawing of a shrimp taped to where a fish tank would look decent. With the Internet and aquarium screen savers, my tank is stable! :S

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never actually done anything or own a fish tank. I imagine owning it and google things that I would probably have to look up. Sometimes I use Bing but mostly I just have a drawing of a shrimp taped to where a fish tank would look decent. With the Internet and aquarium screen savers, my tank is stable! :S
Where can I get some of what you are taking?

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I would say the sun, as I think I have partially cooked myself in the heat this week. Plus my pool pump got taken out by a tornado so I didn't cool off much in 96* water while the pump was in the shop. There really has to be some way to work around this blasting ball of light, I just can't figure it out.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah once he played the Phd card and began posting graphs I decided not to play any more.

FWIW some stainless is suitable for saltwater - there are several different grades. There are even some very common examples, such as every Mag pump I know of. The impeller cover is held on by stainless screws. No problem! :)

-Matt

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Matt

FYI there is not a single steel that will not corrode in a salt water environment. Some will corrode less than others, but they will all corrode. The chemical makeup of the stainless used in those screws may be deemed as not harmful in a certain sized tank, but they will corrode.

I understand there are several grades, the wiki link I posted for your reading enjoyment gives a nice simple breakdown of each grade if you'd like to learn more.

Last edited:

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad... Meant chart.

You mean the list of elements typically found in stainless, figured that would be helpful to see what you are putting in your water...and will eventually be leaching into the water.

OP
OP
L

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you notice though that when steel came into the conversation I said stainless was "superior"? And it is. Doesn't mean it's perfect... just better.

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to use depleted; use it straight. And I heard dosing magma can build a good structure for Hawaiians if you have a 55g or larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back