How to quick cycle/cheat

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use them/ unable to recommend
Cuc don't do much other than add waste to the system. Source for statement: the nuisance algae forum where eighty currently wrecked tanks already have a cuc and are still wrecked and usually even the beyond methods aren't working, see the multiple page attempts underway

If cuc's worked other than from one person testimony (got lucky) that entire forum would have no tanks to fix.

They do work. You just need the right diversity of them. They barely add waste. That "source" is also not a source. They literally are what eat algae. Have enough that prefer the right algae in a tank, and you don't get algal blooms assuming waste is in check. Its literally nature 101 on how algae is limited in growth (predation and needed molecules)

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the rock is kept wet, then no it should be fine.
I was hoping someone would say that. :) I am concerned about all the stuff that will get stirred up when I'm removing the sand because if you've ever removed sand from a tank, it gets challenging. At the end you are constantly chasing small puddles of "muck" around but I will blot them as best I can with towels. The tank is too large (and plumbed) to take outside and blast with a hose but I'll turn powerheads on full blast and have socks on the outputs to catch any leftover sediment and crud. Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back