How to raise phosphate up

  • Thread starter Thread starter An ngo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I don’t think nitrate of 5+ ppm is causing the browning. Not only is it not very high, your test kit’s margin of error and/or human error might make your readings high or low. When I started dosing for dinos, phosphate additions seemed to lower nitrates, and nitrate additions seemed to lower phosphates. I don’t know if there is a chemistry reason for this or if it has to do with how dinos uptake the nutrients, but I saw it and have read where this is common (at least when dealing with dinos).

If you don’t want to stop dosing NOPOX, why not add Flourish or a different phosphate source and see if you can raise phosphates without significantly lowering nitrates?
I would try to bring it up by removing gfo. If it doesn't help. I will start dosing flourish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new