How to re-glue/reposition large colonies??!?! HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dowtish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Chris i had this problem back when i had large colonies :wink: the way i solved the problem was trimmed the bottom of the colony to where i had 3 or 4 (legs) and then it would support itself and i just glued all of the legs down.....
 
Thanks Solar and Gary and everyone.

I ended up taking a 4x3 inch rock that was flat on the bottom and I dremmeled out a hole for the plug to fit in. I glued and epoxied it and let it harden. Then I glued and epoxied that into the DT with another person holding it and packed epoxy all around the new base.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
I had a idea just now. Drill a small.pilot hole throught the base and use fishing line to tie it down.
 
[video=youtube;rbh4iEKlIUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbh4iEKlIUw[/video]

Birdsnest would be harder to drill into but I'll bet you could work an acrylic rod through the center and into a rock. The BN would quickly attach to the rod as well and make it sturdier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new