How to reconnect after disconnection?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new GHL user....

I made the switch as im fed up with the cheap hardware that apex has on offer and dont trust it

That said I was very well aware of the CONSTANT complaints people have about GHL connectivity issues - but still made the switch as I really do think the hardware is enough to overcome this. Really the hardware is top of the line and very much worth the headaches (so far...)

HOWEVER -- my issue today is reconnecting to the internet once the device inevitably disconnects -- do I really need to delete the device from my GHL app and restart the setup wizard and re-add it as a "new device" every time it disconnects? isn't there an option to reconnect an existing device without resetting it up as a new device?

---

P.S., WHY do you not just put an ethernet port in the back of the box, or just offer an ethernet port as an expansion slot option? This is seriously the most absurd issue to have. This would so easily address the NUMBER 1 issue that people have with your product - unreliable connection and difficulty maintaining connection.... This would make GHL the best controller system bar none if you could just figure out the connection issues, and really it seems like such a simple solution to add ethernet to the box.

OP
OP
Ky_acc

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if the device disconnects and hasn’t reconnected after a day or so, I need to go in the app , delete the “GHL cloud device” and then re-add and re-setup the cloud device shown on the landing page

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose it is a P4 because it has no RJ45 as I understand. Which is the WiFi firmware and the P4:s firmware?

Here the FW of the P4 Latest p4 FW is 7.35 and it is in GCC you find here

1704448094438.png

Here you find the FW of your WiFi card. Latest FW for the WiFi module is 7207 and the web interface is V3.24.16 You find the latest (beta) here

1704448246058.png

What type of WiFi do you have? - some mesh system can be problematic. Open a ticket here (guest log in) and get directly help with this issue

Sincerely Lasse

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @Lasse mentioned, open a support ticket so our team can help you.
Make sure to provide sufficient information and screenshots of the Wi-Fi settings you entered.

OP
OP
Ky_acc

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is I am able to connect MOST of the time

However occasionally I will run into an issue where the device disconnects and there is no option in the app to reconnect, supposedly I just need to hope it reconnects on its own in. The background?

I would assume there is a way to go into settings and reconnect to wifi, but the only way I’ve found to do this is to delete the device and readd it as a new device via setup wizard

Is there really no way to attempt to reconnect to wifi via the app?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is I am able to connect MOST of the time

However occasionally I will run into an issue where the device disconnects and there is no option in the app to reconnect, supposedly I just need to hope it reconnects on its own in. The background?

I would assume there is a way to go into settings and reconnect to wifi, but the only way I’ve found to do this is to delete the device and readd it as a new device via setup wizard

Is there really no way to attempt to reconnect to wifi via the app?
The hotspot is not there for nothing. ;)

As long as you left it ON when doing the initial setup, you can still connect to the controller that way and connect via the app using the dedicated hotspot connection. If you don't have one made in the app, do this:

ADD DEVICE -> P4 -> Create new connection -> Connection via hotspot -> Next -> Next -> Done

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new GHL user....

I made the switch as im fed up with the cheap hardware that apex has on offer and dont trust it

That said I was very well aware of the CONSTANT complaints people have about GHL connectivity issues - but still made the switch as I really do think the hardware is enough to overcome this. Really the hardware is top of the line and very much worth the headaches (so far...)

HOWEVER -- my issue today is reconnecting to the internet once the device inevitably disconnects -- do I really need to delete the device from my GHL app and restart the setup wizard and re-add it as a "new device" every time it disconnects? isn't there an option to reconnect an existing device without resetting it up as a new device?

---

P.S., WHY do you not just put an ethernet port in the back of the box, or just offer an ethernet port as an expansion slot option? This is seriously the most absurd issue to have. This would so easily address the NUMBER 1 issue that people have with your product - unreliable connection and difficulty maintaining connection.... This would make GHL the best controller system bar none if you could just figure out the connection issues, and really it seems like such a simple solution to add ethernet to the box.
You're not the first to wonder why there isn't an Ethernet port on the Profilux. Sadly, even if there was, that wouldn't solve all the connectivity issues - the slow performance seems to have more to do with underallocated server infrastructure and the communication architecture.

When you say that the "device disconnects", do you really mean that the app disconnects from the device? That's what it sounds like you're saying... If that's the case, try just restarting the app. And for what it's worth, I seem to have better luck connecting to the Profilux as a "myGHL-device" than as a "Local device", from within the app.

OP
OP
Ky_acc

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not the first to wonder why there isn't an Ethernet port on the Profilux. Sadly, even if there was, that wouldn't solve all the connectivity issues - the slow performance seems to have more to do with underallocated server infrastructure and the communication architecture.

When you say that the "device disconnects", do you really mean that the app disconnects from the device? That's what it sounds like you're saying... If that's the case, try just restarting the app. And for what it's worth, I seem to have better luck connecting to the Profilux as a "myGHL-device" than as a "Local device", from within the app.
Hey thanks for the reply - no it’s not an app disconnect it’s the actual controller starts flashing a white light indicating that the controller is disconnected from the network.

I’m just looking for an option to try to reconnect it manually (instead of just passively waiting to see if the device reconnects itself) without having to reset up the controller again with setup wizard

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, ok. In that case I'd try accessing it via the hotspot, as others have suggested. But you might want to try to fix your WiFi. I’m not saying that there's necessarily anything wrong with your WiFi, but the Profilux doesn't seem to like it. What I did was put a wired 2.4ghz access point in the same room as the Profilux, and connect the Profilux to that.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have better luck connecting to the Profilux as a "myGHL-device" than as a "Local device", from within the app.
I have had this problem before - the local web server was slower than MyGHL (I use mostly mt PC to connect) I thought it was caused by my router. This because it was not this way before (a year or two ago) and I have change my router during this time. However - It shows up that the valid local server versions is slow (slower than before) and I know that GHL working on a solution for this. I use PC and local server a lot and notice another strange behaviour with the actual server - during the discussion (ticket discussion) of this I mentioned the slow respond time. I have test a beta solution of my problem for a while now and this version have solved both that and the speed. The local server is as fast (if not faster) than before, I suppose it will be in the next update.

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back