How to replace 4130 impeller bushing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rvitko I am attempting to replace the impeller on my 9430DC. The well that the bushing sits in is reamed to one side. My guess is this is causing the bushing to move and subsequently the magnet to rub. I have the oversize repair bushing that was included with the impeller. The oversize repair bushing fits in there fine but now the impeller is sticking too far out and the pump cover is touching the impeller and will not go on. The old rubber bushing, as you know, doesn't have that wide part with the o-ring which seems to be not letting the impeller go in all the way. I can't figure out how to get it to work because of the thickness of the plastic oversize repair bushing part with the o-ring. I could not find any directions or videos on how to install the oversize replacement bushing.

you can see the reamed part at top right.
C850F83E-EC06-464D-8383-1C7009745F62.jpeg

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried just pushing harder on the oversize bushing? I have not encountered this before, once it is fully seated, it should not affect the clearance.

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had it in all the way. I didn't actually tap it down with anything so it's possible it wasnt all the way seated. It was in there tight though. I actually destroyed it while removing it after I couldn't get the impeller to fit. You had sent me an extra so I do have a 2nd one that I can try again. I'm going to see if I can get some measurements first then I'll lightly try to tap it in place. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it the right way.

Also, I should mention that I couldn't get the grey clip to go back in either. It would hit the top of the white replacement bushing and stick out.

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I got everything in place and it is working great. Just had to tap it lightly in place. Per our discussion, I will install the grey clip "before" the replacement repair bushing so everything fits properly. Thanks so much for the great communication.

Back