How to replace a return pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter seasand23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seasand23

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be an odd question but I'm curious about the preferred method of replacing a return pump. I have a Waterbox 70 2

Do you just bend the flex PVC pipe and wrestle it out or do you unscrew the pipe where it meets the tank and pull the whole flex PVC out with the pump attached. First time removing a return pump and want to make sure I go about this right.
 
If it’s the same flex pipe that came with my waterbox, and if I’m understanding your question correctly, you just want to remove the pump? I just wiggle the pipe off the barb fitting on my pump, comes off pretty easy. I do all this in my return pump chamber
 
Yes, I'm just trying to replace the pump. My chamber is small so I just need patience working in that small space.
 
You have to bend the flex and wrestle it off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new