How to ship a trachy?

Reefing_addiction

MOD for SBB Yoga Flame
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Messages
22,694
Reaction score
54,086
Location
Westminster
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who’ve done it tell me your secrets! Please?

best way? Best practices? Best containment methods?

I want this coral to have the best chance ever!
 
Pack in thick fish bag with equal amount of air and water. Place on top of packing peanuts surrounded by packing peanuts everywhere and in a newspaper, place a heat pack on top and seal box
 
hi,it doe's not hurt to wrap in empty fish bag then double bag and pack secure from there ;) :)
 
Pack in thick fish bag with equal amount of air and water. Place on top of packing peanuts surrounded by packing peanuts everywhere and in a newspaper, place a heat pack on top and seal box
If I was shipping with other corals where should I place it?
 
on bottom, protect between, of course sep bags ;)
 
If I was shipping with other corals where should I place it?
Do Not place on bottom as if box falls, it could get damaged. You’d be surprised what happens in a cargo bay especially during turbulence and landing.
I worked for Eastern airlines and saw many disasters
Again using peanuts, have it centered and cushier so it doesn’t shift and get damaged especially being a meat coral
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new