How to snap off a frag plug

SoGaReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2025
Messages
103
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the easiest way to snap off a frag plug I want to use the disk flat but it came on a plug. What's the easiest way to break it off without hurting the coral
d27e128c-3563-4b9e-955f-390a300ccb71.jpg
 
Got it taken care of thanks guys now to see if he likes his new placement after he gets over being handled and ticked off 🤣🤣🤣
cbb300d0-3776-4080-bca9-4963120e2d1e.jpg
10f31c7e-70dd-4255-ba3b-a228655a9585.jpg
 
Got it taken care of thanks guys now to see if he likes his new placement after he gets over being handled and ticked off 🤣🤣🤣
cbb300d0-3776-4080-bca9-4963120e2d1e.jpg
10f31c7e-70dd-4255-ba3b-a228655a9585.jpg
Glad you were able to cut it! What did you end up using?
 
I would be wary of using bone cutters to clip a coral skeleton (like the base of a frag plug). Use a pair of pliers. IDK how many times I've split the skeleton up and down and had to take super glue to it. Maybe I just don't have the touch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new