How to Split your Bubble Tip

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Rainbow Bubble Tip anemone. I have discovered how to make them split. Now I'm sure all of you are thinking, "Wait a minute, I know how to make them split, by feeding and stressing them". You would be correct.

To get one to split, you need the following.

One cleaner shrimp thief
One Blue Star Wrasse thief
A Bubble Tip Anemone
A feeding pipette or baster
Chopped up frozen shrimp

Start by feeding your BTA small pieces of chopped shrimp every few days. After a while your Wrasse will learn it can hover around the mouth of the BTA and yank out the shrimp you fed it when you leave the tank. Gently chase your wrasse until it drops the shrimp. Place it back into the anemones possession. After you leave again, your cleaner shrimp then needs to reach into that anemones mouth and pull out the same piece of shrimp you just put back. Repeat the chase step until the shrimp has relinquished the food and give it back to the anemone. This time stand guard until it has completely eaten the shrimp. It is now safe to leave. This is where the real magic comes in, all you need to do from here is go to work and when you come home, boom, split anemone.

If you follow these steps above, you too can have more BTA.

disclaimer: don't actually try this.

20210112_164726.jpg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I let them split naturally.

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please no one actually try to recreate this process. I was just sharing what happened last night and the result today in a lighthearted manner. Feel like I actually have to say this.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back