How to stabilize flooring for large Aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter czternasto
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

czternasto

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Location
ocala
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I know most homes probably don’t need the floors adjusted to be weight bearing whether the size of the aquarium isn’t an issue or it’s probably concrete slab made. I will be upgrading to a 260 gallon with a 60 gallon sump here relatively soon. However I want to make sure the floors are capable of bearing the weight. It’s Pier and beam style housing. Think houses on the stilts. I dont know if it being close to the ground is going to make it easier or harder. Does anyone have any experience or expertise on making the floor capable of bearing the weight for a tank that large? I know it’s a lot between just the water volume and the stand to be able to hold such a beauty.
 
If you can get under the floor, just add floor jacks or a stack of concrete blocks. Little $ for big peace of mind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new