How to stop clownfish hosting torch

My clowns host my frogspawn and GSP despite having two healthy BTA. ;Facepalm
 
Last edited:
Do you ever see the clowns taking any morsels of food over to the torch? I'm (also) thinking that the torch may adapt. I had a RBTA before I had clowns, and it wasn't "happy" at the first few days of clown attention … but has since welcomed the attention!
 
I plan on going to the lfs tomorrow. If I buy a better hosting coral, remove the clowns for a bit, and then reintroduce them with the new coral, would they still instinctually choose the torch?
Well…unfortunately they do.. I have the same problem and I have done many many things to get these buggers out from the torches including moving a BTA very close to the torches. Still these two idiots go straight to the torches. Freaking unbelievable.
 
Well…unfortunately they do.. I have the same problem and I have done many many things to get these buggers out from the torches including moving a BTA very close to the torches. Still these two idiots go straight to the torches. Freaking unbelievable.
Welcome to the forum!
Funny you should bring this thread back, because my clowns actually did wind up moving into a bta, largely because the torch had to be moved and they never went back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new