how to stop the anemone from escaping?

Gary_Yip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got an anemone that very active and keep moving around. I put him in the isolation box but he still try his best to escaping, nearly open the box cover. I want him to stick it to my rock eventually. Does anyone know how to stop him from escaping? or the anemone have some issue with the tank so he keeps moving?

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming all your parameters are perfect it's looking for something better, be it light, flow or substrate. A happy anemone will rarely move. Controlling any marine creature to the level you are looking for is not possible. They will go where they please and do as they please.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can move the isolation box to the surface and it will stop moving since it has no where to go

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a nem in an isolation box that hated it so bad i think it even started dying or pretending to, lol, i finally let the poor thing free, it knows what it wants and i felt so bad trying to contain it... maybe let it roam for a bit, i'm positive it will settle somewhere, i've never had one that just kept moving forever

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got an anemone that very active and keep moving around. I put him in the isolation box but he still try his best to escaping, nearly open the box cover. I want him to stick it to my rock eventually. Does anyone know how to stop him from escaping? or the anemone have some issue with the tank so he keeps moving?
Tell us more about your aquarium so we can help you.
Lighting? Parameters? Age? Size?

OP
OP
G

Gary_Yip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is now in the isolation box and doing fine. I will keep it for couple more day and let it go. We will see how it goes

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gary_Yip I completely agree with @Copingwithpods. I have a nem that wandered all over the tank and then found a comfortable spot against a wall of the tank. It wasn’t until I had a tank issue where I basically rescaped the entire tank did it move to a different spot. Keeping it in a iso box is only delaying the inevitable. It will go where it wants to.

Back