How to trap an engineer goby

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have made the mistake of purchasing an engineer goby, it is starting to show aggression towards my mandarins and I care more about them than the goby’s. Does anyone have any suggestions or DIY ideas on how to trap these fish to get them out. I cannot take apart my rock work since my corals are growing across and I do not want to stress all of the other animals out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Fish trap or trap made out of soda bottle

PeterReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have made the mistake of purchasing an engineer goby, it is starting to show aggression towards my mandarins and I care more about them than the goby’s. Does anyone have any suggestions or DIY ideas on how to trap these fish to get them out. I cannot take apart my rock work since my corals are growing across and I do not want to stress all of the other animals out.
I had a problem with a sixline wrasse, and couldn’t get a fish trap. I cut a soda bottle in 1/2 and flipped the top part inside the bottom part of the bottle. Put some food inside the bottle. It worked

OP
OP
btackerman

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would you guys say a 2 liter then, I tried a regular bottle and they were to smart but I have caught all on my wrasses lol. They are to the point that I can put my hands in the tank and they like to swim between my fingers now.

Hidden426

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Provide a hard problem for it to solve! DAD JOKES! Sorry, nothing helpful here. Best of luck!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back