How to wash life rock?

POIUY678

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting into the hobby and I just got CaribSea life rock. I've seen some people say that I would need to rinse it first before putting it in. Would I need to rinse it with tap water, RODI water, or saltwater?

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm getting into the hobby and I just got CaribSea life rock. I've seen some people say that I would need to rinse it first before putting it in. Would I need to rinse it with tap water, RODI water, or saltwater?
Since it is new dry rock, I would probably rinse it off in tap water. Just a rinse to remove surface dust.
I see no need to use ro/di or saltwater. It's just a rinse.

rocknurworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it is new dry rock, I would probably rinse it off in tap water. Just a rinse to remove surface dust.

I see no need to use ro/di or saltwater. It's just a rinse.

will it not damage the dormont bacteria in it rinsing in tap water?

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rinse with tap water and put right in for me. No need to worry about minimal tap water.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would either rinse with tap and allow to dry or just rinse with RODI and be done. If it's a small amount, then a couple cups of RODI is no big deal.

WB20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to do the same. How did it work out for you?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back