How was your last LFS experience?

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel this so hard. I bought a fish from my lfs that died within 24 hours. If the fish can't handle 1 transfer with only a 10 minute wait before its acclimating, then it shouldn't be sold. I drip acclimated for an hour. I went back the next day to get a refund/credit, and they told me I couldn't because I didn't quarantine the fish...

One gripe I have about all fish these days is that they are coming in at very low salinity (1.017 is common). If you drip that fish up to 1.026 in a hour - it's dead for sure. It takes days to make that transition.

BlyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s fair. I’ve clearly had a different experience. YMMV and all that. Modern Aquatix is on the southside huh? No wonder I couldn’t find them. Google maps told me they were down the road from the reef
Yeah that is curious. They have always shown up when I do a basic google search. Anyway, I would suggest you check them out. I don’t think that they are technically an Indianapolis address. Admittedly limited selection as it’s just in a garage space but everything always seems In good condition and reasonably priced. Certainly won’t be your go to for gear or supplies. They carry very little with respect to this. The owner was friendly enough though and I’m sure they would be happy to have things ordered in.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 1 worth going to here in MN(that I know of) so it gets packed on weekends way to busy but the owner is very knowledgeable and friendly and gets a good coral selectection I have noticed prieces going up but that seems to be the progressing norm. But the store is always clean and things are taken care far better then average lfs they also quartine their fish wich is a plus.
I go to this same LFS. New wave Aquaria is awesome. If it wasn’t for this store 90% of my purchases would be online.

Back