How was your last LFS experience?

BRS

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
I feel this so hard. I bought a fish from my lfs that died within 24 hours. If the fish can't handle 1 transfer with only a 10 minute wait before its acclimating, then it shouldn't be sold. I drip acclimated for an hour. I went back the next day to get a refund/credit, and they told me I couldn't because I didn't quarantine the fish...

One gripe I have about all fish these days is that they are coming in at very low salinity (1.017 is common). If you drip that fish up to 1.026 in a hour - it's dead for sure. It takes days to make that transition.

Fritz

BlyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
That’s fair. I’ve clearly had a different experience. YMMV and all that. Modern Aquatix is on the southside huh? No wonder I couldn’t find them. Google maps told me they were down the road from the reef
Yeah that is curious. They have always shown up when I do a basic google search. Anyway, I would suggest you check them out. I don’t think that they are technically an Indianapolis address. Admittedly limited selection as it’s just in a garage space but everything always seems In good condition and reasonably priced. Certainly won’t be your go to for gear or supplies. They carry very little with respect to this. The owner was friendly enough though and I’m sure they would be happy to have things ordered in.

BRS

WHAT WATER CHANGE "PERCENTAGE" MAKES IT WORTH DOING?

• 5% - 10%

Votes: 75 9.6%
  • 10% - 20%

Votes: 402 51.7%
  • 20% - 30%

Votes: 183 23.5%
  • 30% - 40%

Votes: 25 3.2%
  • 40% - 50%

Votes: 18 2.3%
  • 50% or more

Votes: 8 1.0%