How would you feel if I tore it all down?

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’m whining but I sure do need some encouragement!

How would you as members here feel if I tore down my 400g basement tank? I’m seriously close. Lol!

Dinos have pushed me to the edge of jumping. Yes it’s confirmed Dinos, I’ve added UV, conducted a blackout, driven my nitrates and phosphates up, dosed peroxide, added miracle mud and still losing for almost 10 months now and losing bad! Not a little bit of dino but a ton!

All the corals have been in a frag tank that’s plumbed to the main system and they are growing very well. Just can’t put anything in tbe main tank.

I am seriously considering tearing it all down and I know that’s not the right attitude but I’m tired of throwing money and time at a box of uncurabke algae. Very bad for a saltwater aquarium site to say that but I just need to be real.

:(
You will just be stronger on the other end when it's all gone.

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay... ordered some microbacter7 and Vibrant from BRS. My LFS loaned me an aqua UV 25 watt sterilizer - good up to 150g reef set up. My reefer 350 is 91. Once I have my BRS order, say Tuesday or Wednesday I will do a 72 hour blackout. I plan to dose microbacter7 heavy similar to the BRSTV success video. Vibrant will be for maintenance purposes moving forward. Thoughts? Should I tweak this plan at all?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back