How would you remove this from the rock?

massymas94

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2023
Messages
15
Reaction score
15
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would you go about removing this guy? I want to put it in my bigger tank but it seems throughly attached to the rock. Can I just pry it off or should I cut the base?
IMG_9360.jpeg
 
I would cut it off and set it between several rocks in your new system. Prying or peeling it off will work and likely get more of the stalk than cutting but also release some gunk into the water when it's done. It won't take long for a new one(s) to bud off from the remander of the stalk.
 
I would cut it off and set it between several rocks in your new system. Prying or peeling it off will work and likely get more of the stalk than cutting but also release some gunk into the water when it's done. It won't take long for a new one(s) to bud off from the remander of the stalk.
Oh I don’t care about the system it’s currently in, all livestock except corals are moved over and this tank is coming down
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new