Howdy! Newbie here!

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! New here, looking forward to getting LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of advice on this forum as I dive-bomb kamikaze-style into the world of reefing!

As an intro, I am fortunate enough to live in sunny San Diego CA with my S/O (who at the time of this writing, still believes that I am a sane individual and has NO IDEA the trials and tribulations he will be subject to in the coming year as I finally embark on my dream-build!) ;Hilarious

As far as experience goes, the farthest I got previously was a 90G FOWLR that morphed into a Kenya Tree-Dominant tank where I was able to keep almost everything alive (had a Hippo Tang swim up the rainbow stream to heaven after battling HLLE and newbie ineptitude for 6 months :() for 4 years until moving out West 5 years ago. I've always known that I wanted to take things up to the next level, just never had the funds/space to do so.

I've always had tanks growing up (though the FOWLR was my first saltwater tank), my favorite being a 55gallon Malawi Cichlid tank I had all throughout high-school and part of college. They liked me enough to reproduce and I was lucky enough to have several generations by the end before I had to tear it down and sell everything, so I take the health and welfare of my little finned friends very seriously.

Check out my new build thread here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/it-has-begun.607730/

Please contribute and give me some advice. Seriously. PLEASE SEND HELP.

Thanks and looking forward to chatting more with y'all soon!

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I'm glad to hear that you are ready to get your feet wet!

WetCat.gif

This is an awesome community that has a lot of helpful information!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back