Howdy! Newbie here!

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! New here, looking forward to getting LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of advice on this forum as I dive-bomb kamikaze-style into the world of reefing!

As an intro, I am fortunate enough to live in sunny San Diego CA with my S/O (who at the time of this writing, still believes that I am a sane individual and has NO IDEA the trials and tribulations he will be subject to in the coming year as I finally embark on my dream-build!) ;Hilarious

As far as experience goes, the farthest I got previously was a 90G FOWLR that morphed into a Kenya Tree-Dominant tank where I was able to keep almost everything alive (had a Hippo Tang swim up the rainbow stream to heaven after battling HLLE and newbie ineptitude for 6 months :() for 4 years until moving out West 5 years ago. I've always known that I wanted to take things up to the next level, just never had the funds/space to do so.

I've always had tanks growing up (though the FOWLR was my first saltwater tank), my favorite being a 55gallon Malawi Cichlid tank I had all throughout high-school and part of college. They liked me enough to reproduce and I was lucky enough to have several generations by the end before I had to tear it down and sell everything, so I take the health and welfare of my little finned friends very seriously.

Check out my new build thread here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/it-has-begun.607730/

Please contribute and give me some advice. Seriously. PLEASE SEND HELP.

Thanks and looking forward to chatting more with y'all soon!

@ElussssvReefSD Welcome to R2R!!!

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum. You are going to love it here. You already have a build thread so you are off to a good start. I can't wait to see a tank with water in it. And don't worry...I'm sure your partner is reasonably aware that you may not be sane by now. ;) I warned my husband like a zillion times before we got my big tank, what it entails, how much it costs, etc. He has been great about it. He has even become used to my running in my lfs to buy $8 worth of fish food and coming out with $150 worth of other stuff. I'm glad you joined us!
Snorkel girl.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back