HUH, WHAT??? YEP.........IT'S BATTLECHAETO!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Adam,
your corals look so awesome, so why are you trying to lower your phosphate levels? You even wrote a whole "Phosphate Ramblings" about your skepticism over the overly prevalent, and maybe not helpful phosphate lowering attempts that we see in the hobby.
Just curious as to what benefits/changes you expect for your system by adding this potentially massive nutrient sink. Are you going to switch to a high import-high export system with regards to nutrients?

see post #28, regarding my make up water phos levels. Ultimately, I don't really pay much attention to my Phos levels either way.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coralline Algae growing in the sump from the Amazon refugium light! Amazing growth!

AF61333B-4609-438E-B9F6-1BB8EC3CF61C.jpeg

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent some to my buddy and he is having great success with the battle Chaeto!

Image is my tank, stuff grows great! Thick and green!

07C627EB-3282-4D90-A0D2-1A313D33E1FD.jpeg

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember awhile back ago you were having an Iron problem, did you Cheato take care of it?

I don't remember, if I did it was long ago when I did an ICP test.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very proud of this product. I’ve shipped some to some friends and gave gallon bags away locally!

A0AF1509-85AC-4DE5-9484-1DAF175F7FA4.jpeg BEE71E37-FECA-48F1-9B31-B469CCEA535A.jpeg A4AB9B8C-402F-4AAE-925B-2CBC7A18A615.jpeg 12FBA96C-BA44-4749-986F-2436A66323AB.jpeg

Benoit Martin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals, is the lack of response and fact that you don't show it on your site a sign that you are out of the chaeto business?

That'd be a shame because I just came across this thread and felt that i finally found a reliable source to buy from

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey @Battlecorals ! Any word on if chaeto will be coming back in stock soon? Been having a heck of a time finding some.

Lol well, I had to write this response out in some form or another so many times in the last 6 months, that I finally copied it to my clipboard for quicker access.

Here's the blanket on cheato

Unfortunately, wish I had better news. I don't know that I will have chaeto again anytime soon at least.

Funny story. ( sort of). About 6-7 of months ago now, I wanted to turn that chaeto tank back to coral, so moved my main ball to a smaller tank in my back up system, with one rabbitfish in there. He literally ate the whole thing in under 2 days lol. Did not see that one coming.

The sad thing is, I haven't had much luck regrowing any of the straggler strands that I salvaged. So, as much as I hate to say it I'm not sure I'll continue with the cheato venture at this point.

The good news is that the tank that once had the chaeto. now houses thousands of frags, encrusted and ready for immediate shipping:)

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol well, I had to write this response out in some form or another so many times in the last 6 months, that I finally copied it to my clipboard for quicker access.

Here's the blanket on cheato

Unfortunately, wish I had better news. I don't know that I will have chaeto again anytime soon at least.

Funny story. ( sort of). About 6-7 of months ago now, I wanted to turn that chaeto tank back to coral, so moved my main ball to a smaller tank in my back up system, with one rabbitfish in there. He literally ate the whole thing in under 2 days lol. Did not see that one coming.

The sad thing is, I haven't had much luck regrowing any of the straggler strands that I salvaged. So, as much as I hate to say it I'm not sure I'll continue with the cheato venture at this point.

The good news is that the tank that once had the chaeto. now houses thousands of frags, encrusted and ready for immediate shipping:)
Doh! Thank you for the heads up!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back