Hump Day!

lsamuel1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy hump day! My name is Lenny, and I'm new to the reefing community and hobby. Well that's not exactly true, I did have a 125 gallon tank about 16 years ago that was a short-lived attempt at a fish-only experience. I'm unsure as to what happened, but there was an outbreak and all of the fish died. I wasn't in a position to recover from it financially to re-stock, so I let it go. Now I'm in a different stage of life with more available time and income, so I'm ready to jump back into the hobby...but this time as a reef tank.
I've been lurking and reading forums on R2R as well as watching YouTube vids to get reacquainted, and I'm very excited! I ordered my new setup from a local fish shop, jumping in head-first with a 210 gallon reef-ready tank (6'x24"x30"), 2 Radion XR30 Gen 5 Pros, 2 Nero 5 powerheads, the Acrylic Habitat Leviathan LR54 sump with separate ATO, etc...I'm certain that I'll need to add more lighting once the tank is ready to add corals, even if the LFS says that 2 XR30's will be fine.
Thanks for letting me lurk around in the message boards and I'm looking forward to joining in on discussions in the near future! Mid-June is the estimated delivery date for the system.

Cheers,
Lenny

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! We like lurkers, we especially like former lurkers - thanks for jumping in!

PenguinDive.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R and happy to have you!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy hump day! My name is Lenny, and I'm new to the reefing community and hobby. Well that's not exactly true, I did have a 125 gallon tank about 16 years ago that was a short-lived attempt at a fish-only experience. I'm unsure as to what happened, but there was an outbreak and all of the fish died. I wasn't in a position to recover from it financially to re-stock, so I let it go. Now I'm in a different stage of life with more available time and income, so I'm ready to jump back into the hobby...but this time as a reef tank.
I've been lurking and reading forums on R2R as well as watching YouTube vids to get reacquainted, and I'm very excited! I ordered my new setup from a local fish shop, jumping in head-first with a 210 gallon reef-ready tank (6'x24"x30"), 2 Radion XR30 Gen 5 Pros, 2 Nero 5 powerheads, the Acrylic Habitat Leviathan LR54 sump with separate ATO, etc...I'm certain that I'll need to add more lighting once the tank is ready to add corals, even if the LFS says that 2 XR30's will be fine.
Thanks for letting me lurk around in the message boards and I'm looking forward to joining in on discussions in the near future! Mid-June is the estimated delivery date for the system.

Cheers,
Lenny
Hi Lenny and Welcome!

Glad you joined. Looking forward to photos. You must be very excited - June is soon!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back