OP
lsamuel1976

lsamuel1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!!

Yeah, 2 xr30s are not gonna cover a 6 foot tank and two nero 5s aren't either. Likely need 2 mp60s for that and maybe some supplements.
Thanks! So if you were trying to obtain the best spread in that tank, would you add another xr30, 2 xr15's and place them on the outside, or 2 more xr30's (please don't say this one! haha).
As for flow, how about adding another nero5 (or possibly 2) mounted to the back of the tank towards the middle? Do you know if these would be able to be programmed to work together like that?
And by supplements, are you referring to food for the corals?

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20210512_210757.jpg

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! So if you were trying to obtain the best spread in that tank, would you add another xr30, 2 xr15's and place them on the outside, or 2 more xr30's (please don't say this one! haha).
As for flow, how about adding another nero5 (or possibly 2) mounted to the back of the tank towards the middle? Do you know if these would be able to be programmed to work together like that?
And by supplements, are you referring to food for the corals?
I think 3 will do it but I would look at the spread Ecotech recommends. People may indeed suggest 4 for sps.

OP
OP
lsamuel1976

lsamuel1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 3 will do it but I would look at the spread Ecotech recommends. People may indeed suggest 4 for sps.
They suggest 24inch spread placement with 30inch max for the XR30's and 18inch spread with 24inch max for the XR15's. I think that I could get by with adding an XR15 to my original plan, with potentially adding another XR30 once it's time to add SPS and clams. 'Preciate the advice!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome44.png

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy hump day! My name is Lenny, and I'm new to the reefing community and hobby. Well that's not exactly true, I did have a 125 gallon tank about 16 years ago that was a short-lived attempt at a fish-only experience. I'm unsure as to what happened, but there was an outbreak and all of the fish died. I wasn't in a position to recover from it financially to re-stock, so I let it go. Now I'm in a different stage of life with more available time and income, so I'm ready to jump back into the hobby...but this time as a reef tank.
I've been lurking and reading forums on R2R as well as watching YouTube vids to get reacquainted, and I'm very excited! I ordered my new setup from a local fish shop, jumping in head-first with a 210 gallon reef-ready tank (6'x24"x30"), 2 Radion XR30 Gen 5 Pros, 2 Nero 5 powerheads, the Acrylic Habitat Leviathan LR54 sump with separate ATO, etc...I'm certain that I'll need to add more lighting once the tank is ready to add corals, even if the LFS says that 2 XR30's will be fine.
Thanks for letting me lurk around in the message boards and I'm looking forward to joining in on discussions in the near future! Mid-June is the estimated delivery date for the system.

Cheers,
Lenny
Welcome Lenny to R2R and good luck with your new aquarium!

Very impressed with your reefing experience and confidence to start again!

Back