Hung up a light from the roof for the first time , but with my own twist... will it hold or any tips?

saltwaterscrub02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image_123986672.JPG
image_123986672 (1).JPG
image_123986672 (2).JPG

OP
OP
S

saltwaterscrub02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is grabbed on to a piece of wood, the chain is designed to carry more weight then it is currently holding, Was wondering if I can add any more support or if it is fine as is, Thank you.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is grabbed on to a piece of wood, the chain is designed to carry more weight then it is currently holding, Was wondering if I can add any more support or if it is fine as is, Thank you.
If you know for a fact it’s in the ceiling joist then it should hold just fine, and no other support is necessary…I am curious though… what is the purpose of the zip tie?

OP
OP
S

saltwaterscrub02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know for a fact it’s in the ceiling joist then it should hold just fine, and no other support is necessary…I am curious though… what is the purpose of the zip tie?
Thank you!! yes it is in the ceiling joist, and the zip tie is to make the loop to attach to the bottom chain that is attached to the light, I do plan on opening the chain link to chain it together.
image_6483441 (3).JPG

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! yes it is in the ceiling joist, and the zip tie is to make the loop to attach to the bottom chain that is attached to the light, I do plan on opening the chain link to chain it together.
image_6483441 (3).JPG
Gotcha.. that is your weak link in your setup, so I’d fix that as soon as possible.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back