Hungry Mag

  • Thread starter Thread starter BradB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BradB

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
597
Reaction score
339
Location
Hudson
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a mag about 10 years ago, it lived maybe 5 years. I fed it maybe once every 2 months, and getting it to accept food before the fish could take it was a challenge.

I bought a replacement about 1 year ago. It looks almost the same (both purple, medium sized anemones) but acts very differently. It eats much quicker, looks a lot better after it feeds, and is very sticky. An accidental brush with the first mag didn't do anything to my skin, but this one is extremely sticky and feels like a bee sting. I've been increasing feedings, up to twice last week.

Is this variation normal? Do I need to worry about overfeeding it? Should I keep feeding it more?
 
Sticky and hungry are signs of good health, so I would say this is a good thing. Twice a week is probably the maximum you should be feeding though, to give it time to expel waste between meals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new