Hurricane approaching Florida!

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ 1/10 chiller and I am still trying to figure out which Gas Generator will run it? I do have a Honda 1000i and everytime it did the start cycle and the generator shut off.. so not sure how much of a bigger generator I need.

No one can tell me how many AMPS or WATTS the start cycle uses on the JBJ DB-075

The Honda 2000i will work fine with it.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Florida...thankfully south. This is going to be a real wake up call for out central Florida friends and neighbors. The building codes here in Miami are very specific and strict. Not so with the places North of us. As a result, many single family homes will not fare well with Cat. 4 or Cat. 5 storms. I'm an Andrew survivor so I respect and fear Hurricanes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just watching news. This upsets me. My future home on target. Prayers and everyone- create a last minute plan. Cover up those tanks with multiple blankets/moving blankets for protection !!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it turns away or dissipate but looking at the SSTs it’s not looking very good. Still some chance of the H front moving away which would hopefully shift the storm away.

I hope all people and our fish and coral friends in Florida stay safe!

michael giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah super sad right now, no macna for me and a potential super storm gunning for my little town in Florida.

_pabloperetti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’ sucks, and im Florida bound in the near future.... permanently
I’m from Kendall, but I work at the airport (right next to Doral) and to be completely honest. With hurricanes in Miami they’re kinda hit or miss. You can go a whole 5 years without a hurricane hitting and then get unlucky and get a category 4 the next year and the year after you get nothing. You’ll get a lot of trees and branches blocking the roads. FPL responds quick to power outages from what I’ve seen though. I always worry around hurricane season, which is the downside of living down here in Miami :/

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the same bubblers that you list, @Zeal , and they severed me well both during Irma and a move. You won't need anything aside from maybe 2 (depending on tank size) and the frozen bottles/bags of water in case you need to cool the tank. Hunker down and brace for impact! It's taking a very similar path as Andrew did, so some are predicting that it'll take a sharp turn south towards Miami and the Keys.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’m from Kendall, but I work at the airport (right next to Doral) and to be completely honest. With hurricanes in Miami they’re kinda hit or miss. You can go a whole 5 years without a hurricane hitting and then get unlucky and get a category 4 the next year and the year after you get nothing. You’ll get a lot of trees and branches blocking the roads. FPL responds quick to power outages from what I’ve seen though. I always worry around hurricane season, which is the downside of living down here in Miami :/
bless you for this clarification and a bit of hope. Yes right by the airport. . . . . Love it!!
Ive noticed- it ALWAYS rains by the airport !!

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Florida...thankfully south. This is going to be a real wake up call for out central Florida friends and neighbors. The building codes here in Miami are very specific and strict. Not so with the places North of us. As a result, many single family homes will not fare well with Cat. 4 or Cat. 5 storms. I'm an Andrew survivor so I respect and fear Hurricanes.

Hurricane Andrew !!! That's the reason I'm in Tampa now. I live in Florida City and lost everything with Andrew in 1992, renting a house that doesn't have insurance so I left only with $1200 from FEMA.

_pabloperetti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bless you for this clarification and a bit of hope. Yes right by the airport. . . . . Love it!!
Ive noticed- it ALWAYS rains by the airport !!

Tell me about it, the employee parking garage was flooded today after a storm hit! But not a problem my friend, were all here to help out fellow reefers. Wish you the best in the future with us down at Florida!

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated models showing it may turn north before it hits the east coast. Still going to be windy with a lot of rain if it does, but not a direct hit hopefully.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Updated models showing it may turn north before it hits the east coast. Still going to be windy with a lot of rain if it does, but not a direct hit hopefully.
Im so happy. this morning, stopped and looked Aviation weather version at former employer and it shows sharp turn from keys and Miami and still looking to bend upwards towards the Carolinas.
" THE POWER OF PRAYER " .. . . Let me tell you !!!!!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Guys please everyone! Stay safe! It's getting very close, I wouldn't rely on the turn going north when the hurricane is only 40 miles off shore. Heading west at 2 MILES PER HOUR. Everyone in the Bahamas has to put up with 180 mph winds for over a 24 hour period. Very terrifying, I'm up in newyork. Praying for everyone!
20190901_223117.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not going to be good no matter how much it has turned or far off shore. The strength is beyond intense.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is now downgraded to a category 4 and possibly 3 as the day goes along.
This is great news !

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back