Hurricane Ian Who's riding it out?

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's going to be a rough few days.

Generator checked repaired and working.
Portable a/c units ready and working
Extra fans ready.
Ice for fish food ready
Full tanks of gas and a few 5gal cans ready.

All we can do now is wait.

Keep Tampa in your thoughts! We got this!
Ian.png

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm northwest of Orlando 30 minutes and prepped.. hurricanes happen but when they are this large through deep and warm Caribbean it's not good. Are you in Tampa?
Yeah, I've been through a few. Yes, I'm in Tampa I marked the map with our location.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are in a mandatory evacuation area, I would leave. They won’t come save you if you call for help. The surges may be really bad in some parts. Don’t want anyone losing loved ones. People die in hurricanes every year.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The right side of the storm is the "strong side". I remember Hurricane Charley took a similar path and it caused a lot of damage in the central Florida area.
Yea, We lost power for 12 days with Charlie and I'm in Central Florida just east of Tampa.The storm isn't the worst part .It's the aftermath that sucks. Trying to find things especially gas for the generator. This time I'm using an inverter hooked to my boats trolling motor batteries for the tanks. At the time I was on a well and had a baby at home. I fully expect to lose power again this time as well. I moved closer to civilization just because of that experience. I've lived in Florida most of my life but these storms have been pounding us for the last few seasons. This only going to make the homeowners insurance crisis even worse.

Last edited:

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unbelievable here in The Villages. Lot of these people that replanted here from northern areas have no idea what a hurricane is and how bad it can get. They are all out playing pickle ball wondering what all the excitements about. Can’t wait to see their faces Thursday afternoon. Good ole Florida weather welcome.

For me, I installed a whole house Generac emergency generator before I set up the tank. I’m ready. Close neighbors are already wanting to load up my spare refrigerator with their frozen food. I think the Hurricane party will be at my house. Great! I don’t have to drink and drive.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back