Hurricane Ian Who's riding it out?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Praying for all of you folks in Florida. Hurricanes can be rough. I grew up in south Louisiana and remember those storms well.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Residence in Cape Coral. I left to go back to NJ on Sunday. Just got notice from the master association of our development that there is a mandatory evac of our development. So happy I left. The boat docks seen in my photo had a low level of sea water on them yesterday.

1664288992450.png

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived a year in fort myers area... glad to not be living there right now. Hope everyone leaves those areas even if you are a hardened Floridian.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the east coast in Melbourne. NWS expects tropical storm conditions here -- sustained winds of 39+. Some flooding in low lying areas, too.

Played it safe and closed all the shutters and cleaned up the yard. All it takes is some strong gusts or a tornado to cause some damage (have already seen some mesocyclones and tornado vortex signatures on radar in S. Florida and around the Keys). Plus, we'd look pretty silly with broken windows while shutters hang beside them. And insurance might not appreciate that a whole lot. Whole home generator is on standby, nothing left to do but wait.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I hate California (only stay for my ladies career and family), I am glad I never have to go through stuff like this. Stay safe!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not going to be good. I have a couple people checking my house on Thursday but it has begun by Port of Miami and intensified for tonight thru Wednesday night

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Residence in Cape Coral. I left to go back to NJ on Sunday. Just got notice from the master association of our development that there is a mandatory evac of our development. So happy I left. The boat docks seen in my photo had a low level of sea water on them yesterday.

1664288992450.png
Nice. I'm in Central Florida but just bought some property on Pine Island. Just had it cleared.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm 50 miles inland and we went from a tropical storm warning to a hurricane warning.. So I'm assuming it shifted east a little more.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in Central FL, was going to order my first fish from Live Aquaria, but now prob going to have to wait :loudly-crying-face:

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Track has changed! It’s moving East. Watch out Orlando! You’re getting close to bullseye.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm 50 miles inland and we went from a tropical storm warning to a hurricane warning.. So I'm assuming it shifted east a little more.

Yes. And it's riding the east side of the NHC forecast "cone," too. I expect another shift to the east at the 5 pm NWS update.

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's going to be a rough few days.

Generator checked repaired and working.
Portable a/c units ready and working
Extra fans ready.
Ice for fish food ready
Full tanks of gas and a few 5gal cans ready.

All we can do now is wait.

Keep Tampa in your thoughts! We got this!
Ian.png
We are in Georgia. Have generator ready. Wish I’d ordered my replacem Batteries for my battery backup, which is no longer functioning! Prayers for Florida and all in Ian’s path

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Weather Channel did update the track to head more east and south of Tampa, Bradenton Cape Coral area showing the highest surge potential with Tampa still getting upwards of 4 foot. Stay safe guys. Everyone to the east and south of this thing be prepared for a rough go at it.

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fellow Floridian in the path should rely on the NWS and local authorities for guidance -- The Weather Channel, Accuweather, Wunderground, Facebook "experts," etc. all derive their information from NWS/NOAA data. And the NWS doesn't have profit or "clout" to consider.

For the Gulf coast and central-west Florida residents, the Tampa Bay Weather Forecasting Office is your local office
For central-east and Atlantic coast residents, the Melbourne office is yours
For South Florida residents, you get Miami
And, of course, the NHC applies to all of us.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back