Battery Backup for Nano tank

Zakary2003

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
288
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Florida and I live in a college dorm building so a generator isn't an option. I just arrived on Campus with my tank yesterday. The tank is a waterbox cube 20 AIO system with a hygger mini wave maker, AI prime 16HD light, and the stock return pump with an unreadable label. Last week my campus was hit by a hurricane that knocked out power for a few days, and it looks like we might have another storm heading our way in the next few weeks. I need a battery backup or uninterrupted power supply for my tank. How do I find out the power draw for my system, specifically my wave maker and return pump? Does anyone have a power backup recommendation? I am also worried about temperature, because I will be forced to leave campus if there is a hurricane hitting and I won't be able to add ice bags like I did the during Idalia last week before I was on campus. Is there anything I can do to help the tank stay cool when I'm not there and there is no power, or do I just have to hope it makes it through until they get HVAC and generators working?
 
Battery powered air pump and air stone might also be good to keep on hand in the event that your powerhead/wavemaker battery runs out (during really long power outage). *probably unlikely but just as a precaution

I have a couple of Penn-Plax B11 pumps and air stones that work fine for emergencies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new