Battery Backup for Nano tank

Zakary2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Florida and I live in a college dorm building so a generator isn't an option. I just arrived on Campus with my tank yesterday. The tank is a waterbox cube 20 AIO system with a hygger mini wave maker, AI prime 16HD light, and the stock return pump with an unreadable label. Last week my campus was hit by a hurricane that knocked out power for a few days, and it looks like we might have another storm heading our way in the next few weeks. I need a battery backup or uninterrupted power supply for my tank. How do I find out the power draw for my system, specifically my wave maker and return pump? Does anyone have a power backup recommendation? I am also worried about temperature, because I will be forced to leave campus if there is a hurricane hitting and I won't be able to add ice bags like I did the during Idalia last week before I was on campus. Is there anything I can do to help the tank stay cool when I'm not there and there is no power, or do I just have to hope it makes it through until they get HVAC and generators working?

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battery powered air pump and air stone might also be good to keep on hand in the event that your powerhead/wavemaker battery runs out (during really long power outage). *probably unlikely but just as a precaution

I have a couple of Penn-Plax B11 pumps and air stones that work fine for emergencies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back